Recipe of the Month
Spicy Chicken Salad
(you can use leftover chicken for this salad)
- 225g spinach leaves or lettuce leaves
- 3 celery sticks, sliced
- few chopped pieces of cucumber
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 350g cooked/roasted chicken, boneless and skinless, sliced almond, to garnish
- Salad dressing
- small piece of fresh root ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- half a teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a little bit of salt and pepper
Wash and dry the salad or spinach leaves. Let dry on some kitchen towel paper.
Mix the celery, cucumber, and spring onion with the salad or spinach leaves. Add the parsley.
Transfer the salad ingredients to serving plates. Place the chicken pieces on top of the leaves.
Mix the salad dressing ingredients together. Season the dressing with a bit of salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing of the salad. Scatter a few almonds over the salad.
You can add some cherry tomatoes, sliced red or yellow pepper, and even some grated carrot.